ICOMOS Canada’s Board of Directors is inviting members to join ICOMOS Canada’s Policy Standing Committee. The purpose of the Committee is to make recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding policy matters. It achieves that by:
- Providing context to the Board of Directors of past positions and decisions to maintain institutional memory;
- Supporting the Board of Directors in understanding and interpreting its Bylaws, as well as ICOMOS Charters, Declarations, and Principles;
- Reviewing and analysing policy matters in the context of Canadian issues and of international direction.
The Policy Committee will conduct the following activities:
- Provide recommendations to the Board of Directors by identifying policy- and decision-makers at provincial, territorial, and federal levels of government to make proclamations regarding the advancement of ICOMOS Canada’s thematic priorities;
- Identify opportunities and provide guidance to the Board of Directors to participate in public consultations on policy matters related to heritage at provincial, territorial, and federal levels of government;
- Members of the Policy Committee may be delegated by the Board of Directors to attend public consultations on behalf of ICOMOS Canada to either represent the organization or to acquire information.
- Any other activity that allows the understanding of a policy issue and the preparation of an ICOMOS Canada position.
Members who wish to join the Policy Standing Committee should send an email to email@example.com alongside an Expression of Interest letter.